Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

With Love

Hi everyone-
Sorry for the late posting... I thought, that I had already pre-scheduled my card to go live..ooops!!
That just goes to show you what kind of week it's been!!
This week at SweetStamps challenge is: HEARTS
So my card today, I am really played with my stamps.  I am using the two biggest birds in the "Tweethearts" stamp set.  I extended the legs on the one bird, so that his rump wouldn't be sitting on the grass.  I created my subtle cloud background using Broken China distress ink.  Then I stamped "Grassy Hill" and colored using Copics (YG97, 17, G14, 43).  Using a post it note, I covered the top part of the bird, and stamped just the legs.  I cleaned off the stamp really good, reinked just the body of the bird.  Then using a ruler and Memento Tuxedo marker, I connected the body to the feet!!
I fussy cut the next bird out and positioned it so it looks like it's giving a kiss, or rather a peck!! 
Really like the way it all came together and I hope that you do too. 
Thanks for stopping by today!!  See you soon.


4 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a sweet and cute card and fabulous colouring on the wee birds...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna K said...

We all have those kinds of weeks once in a while! Hopefully next week will be better! Your card is just too cute and those birdies and clouds are wonderful! Love your coloring so much.

Sandy Fredrick said...

This card is just so Sweet. Beautiful coloring, love the background scene and cute hearts.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card! How sweet is this- great job with the fun birds!