Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mixing embossing powders.

Hi all, Tracy here. 
I wanted to share with you a Pendant that I have made this week. 



And here is how i created it...

First of all let me tell you what you will need- 
Black UTEE (Ultra thick Embossing Enamel)
Leather Cord


From the Fine Feathers Necklace set you need your pendant, one of the feathers...I later decided to add one of the swirls to. 


Using your Black UTEE & Enamel and Embossing powder Adhesive coat the pendant, I gave this 3 coats, but 3 probably would have given a smoother coating...it is personal preference. .if you have never used UTEE before It is slightly different when melting, it will "bead" and looking like you have melted it wrong, don't worry, it will then melt fully into a lovely thick enamel. 
Anyone with a Melt Pot, this Black UTEE would be perfect to use with your Melt Pot. 


Now one thing i love with Embossing powders is that you don't have to stick with just one colour, I LOVE Enamel Powder BAHAMA AQUA, but i wanted to "break" it up slightly for this, so in a small pot I mixed it with Black UTEE , when doing this test your "new" colour on some scrap paper first to make sure you are happy with the result. 


Take your feather (and Swirl) and Coat with Enamel and Embossing powder Adhesive


Give it a nice thick coating with your powder mix and melt using your heat tool...again I gave this 2 coats. 


I then dabbed some Enamel and Embossing powder Adhesive over where i wanted the feather and swirl to be and put a sprinkle of  Black UTEE and melted it with my heat tool, then using tweezers (its very hot so please use tweezers) I pushed my feather and swirl into the Enamel, then when it sets it will act a glue...you can see her that they are pushed into the enamel. 
Attach a cord and you are done. 
Here is another look at the finished pendant. 

Don't forget to head on over to Globecraft &Piccolo Facebook Page to share your creations, and pick up some inspiration.

3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

love it. I haven't experimented with mixing yet, but I am playing with what I can coat with the powder.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful pendant, I love the ultra thick as a base and the idea of mixing the enamels.

Stacey Richardson, SweetStamps.com said...

So pretty! Love how you mixed the powders - great color combo!