Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Home Decor Shelf

What do you get when you mix Piccolo magic with a wood shelf?  Why, an absolutely gorgeous piece of home decor!!!!  Globecraft Memories powders are truly remarkable and can cover larger items such as this shelf as easily as it covers smaller items.

I have had this FAMILY shelf in my "stash" for a very long time.  It has been waiting for just the perfect products to create something truly remarkable!  Globecraft Memories to the rescue!!


I inked the edges of the sign with Enamel Powder Adhesive, then added  Brown Stone Powder.  I love the look of  the brown and white powders together.  I also added a touch of Enchanted Aubergine along the edges - not too much, just a little to show the colors together.


I inked up the individual FAMILY letters with Enchanted Aubergine.  Since I wanted a thicker look to the colors, I heat set it several times between the Enchanted Aubergine layers.  In areas where I was having trouble using the Adhesive bottle, I used a small paint brush and painted the adhesive.  It worked great and allowed me to get into those tiny areas.  I then added a touch of Brown Stone on each letter - just enough to let the color show.



This is the final look at this home decor item.  It is absolutely stunning and the perfect shelf to hold family mementos.

GCM Supplies:
Enchanted Aubergine
Brown Stone





No comments: